Transylvania Annual Fund
What your contributions support
- Scholarships and Financial Aid — Donors provide need- and merit-based scholarships for hundreds of students every year. Approximately two-thirds of Transylvania’s students qualify for need-based financial assistance. Gifts also help to bridge the gap between the amount charged for a student’s tuition and fees and the actual cost of a Transylvania education.
- Classroom Excellence — Transylvania is known for its talented, dedicated professors and 11 to 1 student-faculty ratio. The ability to offer competitive salaries and opportunities for professional development enables the university to attract top educators to the classroom.
- Student Services — More than 70 student groups and organizations and a myriad of annual events provide ample opportunity for students to develop the leadership and organizational skills they will use the rest of their lives.
- Vital Curriculum — Transylvania’s curriculum must constantly change and improve to provide students an education that is relevant to a global society.
- Facility Enhancement — Through renovation, new construction, and regular maintenance, Transylvania strives to provide a safe, attractive, and modern campus for students.
As teachers, doctors, attorneys, parents, volunteers, entrepreneurs, and community leaders, Transylvania graduates make a positive difference in the world.
The Transylvania annual fund supports the people and programs that make Transylvania University one of the best small colleges in the country. By supporting the fund, you enable Transylvania to accept qualified students from all walks of life, regardless of their families’ financial circumstances. Your gift also helps attract top faculty, purchase library books and lab equipment, and preserve our historic campus.
Whether large or small, any gift has an impact that extends far beyond its face value. For more information about supporting the Transylvania Annual Fund, contact John Davis, director of annual giving, at (859) 281-3565.
Grateful alumni understand that the Transylvania experiences they cherish so deeply would have been far different without the vision and generosity of their alumni forerunners. Alumni who give back to their alma mater keep Transylvania accessible to all students.
Increased alumni participation in the annual fund gives Transylvania an edge in the tough competition for corporate and foundation funding. Corporations and foundations view solid alumni support as evidence of a high degree of “customer satisfaction” and a more worthy investment of their philanthropic dollars. Alumni support also helps improve Transylvania’s standing in rankings by U.S. News & World Report and others.
Gifts from families help Transylvania secure the most up-to-date resources and facilities for all students. Parents, grandparents, and other family members support the annual fund out of a desire to help their student and his or her peers. Many families continue supporting Transylvania after their student graduates to show appreciation.
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and staff influence our students in the classroom and beyond. More than 50 percent of Transylvania employees give back to the university monetarily, either via monthly payroll deduction or annual contributions. Their support is essential to Transylvania’s success.
Student philanthropy is a tradition at Transylvania. Since 1990, every graduating class has sponsored a scholarship awarded to an incoming student who represents the ideals of a Pioneer. The scholarship makes it possible for the student to attend Transylvania. By giving back to Transylvania before they graduate, seniors demonstrate their commitment to the university’s giving legacy.
Many friends have gained an appreciation of Transylvania University by attending campus events, meeting students, or knowing alumni. These experiences have made them part of the Transylvania family. By supporting Transylvania, friends ensure that we will continue to be a leader in higher education.