New Student Orientation
Everything about campus life at Transylvania is designed to help you enjoy the experience and learn from your college years, and it all starts with new student orientation for first-year students.
Before August term begins, we help you learn all there is to know about being a Transylvania Pioneer. New student orientation is designed to ease your academic and social transition to college. During this three-day experience, you'll meet your new classmates, student leaders, faculty, and staff. If you live on campus, you'll also have time to settle into your room and learn your way around.
“Something I will never forget is the greet line. All of the first-year students form a giant semicircle, then walk through and shake everyone’s hand.” —Aaron Brown ’09
Orientation highlights include:
- Meeting your academic advisor and August term scholar, who will help you through your first year
- Participating in the first-year induction ceremony
- Getting to know your new classmates in the greet line and joining in a traditional serenade
- Competing in the Orientation Olympics and enjoying an ice cream social
- Beginning your tradition of service at Transylvania by participating in one of several meaningful community service projects
- Learning the many ways to be involved on campus
Orientation is a great place to ask questions, get involved, and, most importantly, have fun as you prepare for the coming school year. After orientation, you’ll continue to meet with your group throughout August term and the rest of the year.
Check out the complete orientation schedule, or get to know your August term scholars. Welcome to Transylvania!