Scholarships, Grants, & Awards
Art and art history students can receive help paying for their research, studio, and study abroad projects. Here are some examples of what's available:
- Transylvania's Abbott Art Award recognizes demonstrated performance and potential in the visual arts. It is presented at the annual awards ceremony.
- The Holleian Society, Transylvania's honorary that recognizes superior achievement in liberal arts studies, gives an annual award to an individual who has made a significant contribution to the creative life of the community. Art students have regularly received this honor.
- The Kenan Fund for Faculty and Student Enrichment and the David and Betty Jones Fund support faculty-directed research or studio projects. Students can apply for these funds twice a year.
- Transylvania art students regularly receive prestigious national awards. For example, one of our art students received a 2010 Fulbright Scholarship to teach in Germany, and another was an alternate for the same country.
- Numerous art students have earned various scholarships to offset expenses relating to foreign study programs in Italy, England, and Germany.
Fine Art Scholarship information is available at the Admissions' website. Please contact Bryan Conover, Assistant Director of Admission at (859) 233-8242 or email@example.com if you have specific questions regarding the admission process. You may also contact Dr. Wei Lin, Assistant Professor of Art History and Program Director at (859) 281-3543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.