J. Douglas Gay Jr./Frances Carrick Thomas Library
The J. Douglas Gay Jr./Frances Carrick Thomas Library is the scholarly heart of Transylvania’s campus. Our library houses books, periodicals, audio-visuals, and online resources that support Transylvania’s mission of providing a quality liberal arts education.
Search library catalog
|Fall, Winter, and May Term Hours:
|8 a.m. - Midnight
||8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
||10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
||1 p.m. - Midnight
|Monday - Friday
||8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Library Quick Facts
- 118,000 physical titles
- 111,000 titles available online
- 4,000 volume reference collection
- 500 paper journal subscriptions
- 15,000+ journal titles available online
- 60+ online databases
And we offer so much more! In Transylvania’s library you will find:
- Reference librarians who help answer research questions and give guidance on scholarly resources
- Special collections, including the Farris Rare Book Room, an extensive collection of nineteenth-century medical texts, and the Transylvania University archives
- Hands-on software training in the Technology Learning Center
- Group study rooms, multiple computer labs, and media viewing rooms
Transylvania also participates in the Kentucky Virtual Library, which provides access to electronic databases and catalogs of many libraries throughout the state.
Do you have questions about the library or the resources available? Please contact us by phone: (859) 233-8225, or via e-mail: email@example.com.