The Monroe Moosnick Medical and Science Museum
The Monroe Moosnick Medical and Science Museum, named after the late Transylvania chemistry professor, displays a portion of the University's extensive holdings of nineteenth-century science artifacts, anatomical models, and botanical paintings that were used to teach the principles of physics, chemistry, and biology. The instruments were purchased in London and Paris from 1820 to about 1850 and brought to Transylvania, where they were used extensively by the students in Transylvania's flourishing medical school, which turned out thousands of doctors.
A visiting specialist from the Smithsonian Institution judged Transylvania's collections to be among the finest in the nation for this time period.
The museum is open by appointment.