The library complex includes the original Frances Carrick Thomas Library, dedicated by President Eisenhower in 1954, and the J. Douglas Gay Jr. addition, dedicated by Vice President George Bush in 1986.
The complex houses the library for undergraduate studies, a computer lab, and the Technology Learning Center. Special features include the Farris Rare Book Room, the Old Medical Library, the Clara S. Peck Collection, and the J. Winston Coleman Jr. Kentuckiana Collection.
Transylvania does not base employment or academic decisions on a person’s age, race, color, gender, disability or any other criteria prohibited by law. We are committed to providing equal opportunity in employment and education for all.